While most nutritionists are telling you to cut down on rice, it seems it has found a place on another plate – the one that stocks your home beauty cures. rice has excellent anti-ageing properties when applied to skin. “It revitalises and protects the skin from sun damage. It comes loaded with antioxidants that fight free radicals and give you a more youthful-looking skin. It helps in skin brightening too.
Rice is Nice
Usage of rice water is originally an ancient recipe .preparing rice creams, serums, toners, scrubs for everyday use that can be refrigerated for 10-15 days. pick a rice-water toner for night-care routine that can give you a blemish-free, glossy skin.
For a face mask, get rice powder that also works as a gentle exfoliator. Mix 1 tsp besan, rice powder, a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of milk . Apply on face and let it dry. Gently scrub and wash off. Taneja adds that while most brands offer rice paper, you can get same benefits with rice water and powder.
Ways to use it
1. Use fresh diluted rice water as a hair rinse. Also, fermented rice water can help in removing dandruff. Make a hair mask with rice water and avocado
2. Diluted rice water is an excellent refreshing mist spray and sun protector
3. Soak facial tissues in diluted rice water. Use as a mask for 10 minutes
4. For treating fine lines, add coconut, almond or vitamin-E oil to rice powder
5. Soak washed rice for 1 hour in raw milk with cream. Add honey and besan for a brightening scrub
6. Take milk cream and cooked rice with water, aloe gel, rose essential oil, mix and apply every day as a night cream. Cook rice with extra water. Blend to make an anti-ageing cream
7. Freeze diluted rice water in an ice tray and use the cubes to soothe mosquito bites, redness and eczema
8. Soak in a tub filled with rice water for tan removal