The skin around the eyes is the most delicate skin, as it's the thinnest skin on the face. It's one part of the body that can reflect early signs of ageing without proper skincare. From dark circles, puffy eyes to wrinkles, almost everyone faces of these beauty problems. No matter how old you are, it's never too early or late to take care of your eyes.
- Avoid rubbing eyes consciously. Rubbing can make current signs of ageing worse, leading to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. Be gentle while removing make-up or using any skincare product.
- Sun protection all through the year is very important. The eye area is extremely prone to sun damage, thus it is mandatory to wear your sunglasses and wear sunscreen. You can invest in zinc oxide sunscreens, which don't irritate the eyes.
- Choose skincare products wisely. Usually, eyes are the first to react if the skin doesn't adapt to a specific product such as a cream, eye shadow, or a concealer. Check out the ingredients before investing in a product, and observe redness, irritation, itchiness, or other symptoms. Stay away from harsh ingredients and parabens.
- Invest in products specially designed for eyes. Look for eye care products containing effective ingredients like retinol, Hyaluronic acid, polypeptides, vitamins B, C, and K, caffeine, ceramides, and moisturizers.
- Limit your salt intake. Eat more celery, collard greens, asparagus, and bananas, which can help to combat under-eye circles. Get plenty of antioxidants, which can reduce inflammation and puffiness, and support supple, healthy skin. Try adding sliced orange, cucumber, lemons, or lime to your water.
- Take plenty of probiotics to support a balanced gut microbiome, which helps to support the absorption of B vitamins, essential to beautiful, healthy skin. Eat foods loaded with probiotics like yoghurt, kimchi, and sauerkraut.
- Avoid foods and beverages that encourage fluid retention including alcohol, coffee, white sugar, fried foods, white flour and salt.
- Indulge in a night skincare routine. Before sleeping pat a small amount of eye serum under each eye bag. Use a vitamin C, aminoguanidine-rich eye serum to strengthen collagen and reduce ageing processes.