A special NIA court in Mumbai on Wednesday rejected the application filed by the father of one of the victims of the 2008 Malegaon blast case seeking to bar BJP leader Pragya Singh Thakur from contesting the Lok Sabha election.
Malegaon blast accused Pragya, who is currently out on bail, is contesting the Lok Sabha poll from Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh on the BJP's ticket.
Nisar Sayyad, who lost his son in the blast, moved the court last week, urging it to bar Pragya from contesting the election after the BJP fielded her from Bhopal, where she is locked in a battle with Congress veteran Digvijay Singh.
He also mentioned in his plea that a petition seeking cancellation of her bail was pending before the Supreme Court.
Rejecting his application, Special judge for National Investigation Agency (NIA) cases V.S Padalkar said lawyers were well aware that this was not the proper forum (for the plea).
"This court has not granted bail...wrong forum has been chosen," he said.