Milk - 1¾th litre
Saffron strands - 4-5
Sugar - 6 tbsp + ½ cup
Almonds - 4
Pistachios (chopped) - 1 tsp
Citric acid crystals - ¼th tsp
Ice cubes - 1 cup
Corn flour - ¼th tsp
Water - 1 litre
Rose water - 1 tsp
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Add a litre of the milk in a heated pan.
2. Cover it with a lid and allow it to boil for 7-10 minutes on a low flame until it reduces to half.
3. Remove the lid and whisk well, so that the malai does not stick to sides of the pan.
4. Add saffron strands and whisk again.
5. Add 6 tablespoons of sugar and whisk continuously until the sugar dissolves.
6. Cover it with a lid again and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, chop the almonds into thin slices.
8. Remove the lid and whisk again, so that the malai does not stick to the sides of the pan.
9. Add one and a half tablespoons of the chopped almonds.
10. Add chopped pistachios.
11. Mix well and keep it aside.
12. Add three-quarter litre of milk in a heated pan.
13. Allow it to boil for 2-3 minutes and turn off the stove.
14. Add citric acid crystals.
15. Whisk continuously for 2-3 minutes, so that the milk curdles evenly.
16. Once the milk curdles, add ice cubes and allow it to melt.
17. Take a bowl and place a kitchen towel on top of it.
18. Pour the chena onto the cloth.
19. Hold the ends of the cloth and lift it for the water to drain.
20. Then, hang the cloth for 10 minutes, so that the water drains out completely.
21. Open the ends of the cloth and take the strained chena out.
22. Add it into a mixer jar.
23. Add corn flour and grind it into a granular paste.
24. Transfer it onto a plate.25. Using the palm, mash it well to avoid any lumps.
26. Knead it into a smooth dough.
27. Divide it into equal portions.
28. Roll them into small round balls.
29. Add water in a heated pan.
30. Add half a cup of sugar.
31. Cover it with a lid and allow the sugar to dissolve and the syrup to boil for 4-5 minutes.
32. Add the balls into the syrup and cover it with the lid again.
33. Allow it to cook for 15 minutes.
34. Add rose water and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
35. Heat the pan with the milk (malai) again.
36. Add the rasgullas in the milk.
37. Allow it to heat for 1-2 minutes on a high flame.
38. Transfer it into a bowl.
39. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
40. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
41. Serve chilled.