1. Sweet Pumpkin - 1½ cup (chopped finely)
2. Red Chillies - 2
3. Green Chillies - 2
4. Fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
5. Cilantro - 2-3 sprigs (finely chopped)
6. Vegetable Oil - 3 tsp
7. Salt as per taste
8. Mustard Seeds - 2 tsp
9. Urad Dal - 2 tsp
10. Asafetida - a pinch
11. Channa Dal - 2 tsp
12. Curry Leaves - 4-5
13. Turmeric Powder - ¼th tsp
1. Chop pumpkin evenly by removing the skin and seeds.
2. Take a kadai and heat oil. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, asafetida, turmeric, and then add in the chillies as well. Fry it for 30 seconds.
3. When you see the dal changing colour, add the pumpkin into the kadai and also add a little amount of water. Cover the lid and let it be cooked well.
4. Check it after 5 minutes to see if the pumpkin has been cooked. You will find it soft enough. Add salt into it and give it a good mix.
5. Add cilantro and grated coconut and again mix everything well.
6. Sweet pumpkin palya is ready to be served. Serve it hot with rice or rotis.