The tonsils are a vital part of the immune system. It serves as body’s natural defense system against infections. Bacteria and any other micro organisms which can cause infections would be filtered out in subtle way by the tonsils. Generally, people consider throat pain as tonsil; in fact it is not tonsils but tonsillitis which can cause diseases. Sometimes tonsils themselves can endure an infection. This infection cause damages to throat and surrounding areas. When toxins in the body have not been flushed out from the kidneys, bowels and skin, it can cause tonsillitis. Tonsillitis usually occurs in addition with a cold, cough, sore throat, headache, fever and body ache. Check out here some effective home remedies for Tonsillitis Treatment that provide you quick healing from tonsillitis.
Due to a viral or bacterial infection tonsils get inflamed, become red and painful such medical condition is known as tonsillitis. Without underlying cause you are not able to get appropriate treatment for any condition. Medical treatment for tonsillitis includes home treatments, oral medications and surgery in some long term cases. Normally, home remedies provide comfort to the tonsils and that’s why they relieve from tonsillitis without any unpleasant effects.
Home remedies for Tonsillitis
- Salt water is useful to kill some of the infection. Pus and fluid of throat would be washed out by gargling action. To swollen tonsillitis, gargling with warm salt water is one of the effective home remedies.
- Mix two tsp of onion juice or dried leaves of Mint with lukewarm water for gargling.
- Boil some portion of the bark of the babul tree (Acacia arabica) into water. Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Check whether decoction prepared fully or not and then let it cool. This solution speeds up the recovery and eases the tonsils pain.
- Mix one tsp fresh ginger juice, one tsp honey with two tsp of lukewarm water for gargling.
- Dig out the pulp of bitter tumbi (fruit). Then fill the kernel of the fruit with water and keep aside for few hours. Drink everyday a little of this water to cure tonsillitis.
- Simmer fenugreek seeds about 2 tbsp in half liter of water, let it cool. Then use it for several times a day.
- Mix mustard powder into a hot water. This solution rinses your throat therefore germs can get flushed out.
- Take juice of 1 lemon, 4 tsp of honey and a pinch of salt with 1 glass of warm water throughout the day. It provides relief from the prickly pain at the back of the throat and makes swallowing easy.
- Mix carrot, beet and cucumber juice in the proportion of 3:1:1, as they are rich in Vitamins which help to fight from the infection.
- You can take any herbal tea such as chamomile, ginger or mint to give a soothing relief to the sore throat and from pain caused by the inflamed tonsil glands.
- Turmeric is such an antibiotic that is much effective to get rid of tonsillitis. Take a glass of warm milk with 1 tsp of turmeric powder then add a pinch of pepper powder. For best result consume it every night.
- Warm beverages give quick relieve to the pain of tonsillitis compared to cold ones. Drink warm vegetable and chicken soups.
- Mash some figs then mix them with honey. As dried figs have healing properties, it would help in healing tonsillitis.
- Cut lemon into two pieces. Put some salt and black pepper on one piece. By pressing with a knife penetrate salt-pepper into the lime. Then put it on heat to make it warm. Now lick this lemon slowly and squeez it until no juice remains in it.
- Boil about ten to twelve gram of Banafsha (Viola pilosa Blume) flowers in 40 to 45 ml of milk. Filter it, then it must be consumed hot for quick relief.
- Avoid acid drinks and don’t consume spicy food because it may irritate the throat. Sour substances such as buttermilk, curds and fried foods should be totally avoided.
- Drink lots and lots of water through out the day to flush out the toxins from the body. Also drink liquids like fresh vegetable juices.
- Keep good hygiene if you are suffering from a disease like tonsillitis.
- Try to curtail your talk and give rest to your throat.