Here is a list of 10 foods that are rich in folate, or vitamin B9.
1. Dark Leafy Greens: Spinach, collard greens, kale, turnip greens and lettuce are rich in folate, making them one of the healthiest foods.
2. Asparagus: Asparagus is one of the nutrient-dense foods with vitamin B9. Eating a cup of boiled asparagus provides 33 percent of the daily recommended value of folate.
3. Broccoli: Broccoli is one of the best known detox foods and it is a great source of folate. One cup of broccoli provides approximately 14 percent of your daily folate vitamin.
4. Citrus Fruits: Many citrus fruits rank the highest in folate. Oranges are a good source of vitamin B9.
5. Legumes: Beans, peas and lentils are high in folate. A small bowl of legumes will provide most of your daily folate needs.
6. Lady’s Finger Lady’s finger is rich in folate, or vitamin B9, and simultaneously offers other vitamins and minerals.
7. Cauliflower Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable which is a great source of folate.
8. Beetroot Beetroots are a great source of antioxidants and are also rich in folate or vitamin B9.