Major fire at scrap dealers shop in Kozhikode

Kozhikode: In a massive fire that raged for more than an hour, a scrap shop near Sarada Mandiram at Cheruvannur in Kozhikode was gutted on Tuesday morning. Huge flames were seen engulfing the shop which houses plastic scrap, paper and polythene.

The fire broke out at 5 am Tuesday morning. Initial reports said short circuit is the reason for the fire.

A gas godown is situated nearby the scrap dealers shop and police avoided a major mishap by removing the cylinders from the place.

No casualty has been reported.

 

Asianet.in/NewsDesk: Asianet Online