400 gm chicken breast, diced
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp red chilli sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp corn flour
Crushed black pepper as required
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
2 red and green chillies, chopped
8 to 10 garlic cloves, crushed
Oil for frying
3 bell peppers
1 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup steamed rice
1 spring onion, chopped
1. In a bowl, add the boneless chicken pieces with crushed black pepper, salt, dark soy sauce, red chilli sauce, white vinegar, corn flour and an egg.
2. Toss the ingredients well so the chicken pieces are coated with the mix all over. Set aside for marination.
3. Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces. Remove and place them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
4. Heat oil in a wok. Add the chopped red and green chillies, garlic, red, green and yellow bell peppers and onion. Saute well.
5. Add the fried chicken. Mix well.
6. Add some chicken stock, dark soy sauce and cornstarch. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Place cabbage leaves on a wooden tray. Make a bed of steamed rice. Garnish with some spring onions.
8. Add chilli chicken gravy in a separate bowl and place on the wooden tray.
Asianet.in/ Desk: Asianet Online