1. Your best friend is giving your smartphone the dirty look. Yes, she missed her cousin’s reception to hang out with you and you are busy scrolling down the glass screen selecting that perfect emoticon on Whatsapp.
2. You chronically keep updating every little thing you do. The world does not need to know how your bagel looks or how bad is your hangover. Share only the news that will add value to people’s life.
3. The last meaningful conversation you had with your partner was about the battery life of your phone. There is life beyond your phone that is worth discussing about. Stop and smell the roses. And not the ones on Instagram.
4. To a stranger you look like a theater artists practicing different facial expressions. You are waiting for the bus and smiling, frowning and rolling your eyes in total abandon looking at your smart phone.
5. If you were a horse your smart phone would be your blinder. You reached home from work without even noticing that ‘70 per cent flat sale’ advertisement of merchandise from your favorite shop.
6. You check your phone first thing after waking up. Your eyes are still adjusting to the glare of the day and you try to read those comments on your Facebook wall.
7. Your smartphone dictates your mood. You are surrounded by your friends yet busy checking your phone. Seeing your followers count reach from 1,200 to 800 on Twitter is making you suicidal. Really, your twitter follower is not going to bring you happiness in real life.
Asianet.in/News Desk: Asianet Online