Qatar has detected three more coronavirus cases among workers on World Cup stadiums, organisers said, bringing the number of infections among those involved in 2022 tournament construction to eight.
The Gulf nation has reported seven deaths from the COVID-19 disease and 4,103 cases in total, announcing the first infections in stadium workers on Wednesday.
Building work for the stadiums and infrastructure to stage the tournament has continued through the crisis even as non-essential retail has been halted and mosques, parks and restaurants have closed.
"The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) has confirmed that two staff members who work for a SC contractor have tested positive for COVID-19," organisers said in a statement.
"In addition, six workers on SC projects have tested positive."
On Wednesday the SC said that staff at three of the seven stadiums being built from scratch for the 2022 tournament had been affected.